About the space.
The project consists of combining three Detroit buildings. 1322 (MacDiarmid Candy Company Building), 1326 (Reckmeyer Building), and 1332(Michigan Cut Flower Exchange Building) Broadway all have historic designation within the Broadway Avenue Historic District. The buildings in this district were generally built from the 1890’s to the 1920’s. Broadway avenue historically served as a center catered to women’s trades and florists.
- The neighborhood has become a cultural and entertainment destination and is shared with the Detroit Opera House, The Siren Hotel, The Metropolitan Hotel, Detroit Athletic Club, Tiger Stadium and The Belt.
- Project entails combining the three properties into one mixed use development, including two retail-restaurant spaces from 3000 to 4600 square feet, and one lower level speakeasy with an additional 4600 square feet.
- The project will be preserving and restoring the historic facades and building an 8-story 80,000 square feet new building behind with 75 apartments on the upper floors consisting of studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom units.
- The project will also be activating the alley behind the buildings as a secondary walkable artery with storefronts, cafes and art.
- Project delivery is expected in the summer of 2021
- Commercial leasing is being handled by Colliers International
- Residential leasing is being handled by the Loft Warehouse
Questions About This Space?
Call Us : 313.502.5117
Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find Us : 607 Shelby St, Detroit, MI 48226